emacs-w64 | 64-Bit GNU Emacs for MS Windows with optimization
Table of Contents
For years I have searched the Internet for the 64-Bit GNU Emacs binary distribution for MS-Windows. Indeed there do have 64-Bit Emacs for MS-Windows, but I don't like them. Most of them are modified or outdated. So I try to compile a up-to-date native 64-Bit GNU Emacs from git master. So what you see is my work.
- 100% unmodified source code from git master and release version.
- Native 64-Bit binary for MS-Windows.
- Compiled with optimization.
- With JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, SVG, XML2, and GnuTLS support.
3 SYSTEM REQUIREMENT
Only 64-Bit MS-Windows are supported.
- Download the binary package (e.g. emacs-bin-w64-20140402.7z).
- Uncompress with 7-Zip or other software you like.
- Double-click the runemacs.exe in emacs/bin.
7 KNOWN ISSUES
I have to admit that the present work is unperfect. This build is ONLY tested in my Core i7 Laptop running MS Windows 8.
8 TECHNICAL DETAILS
Thank Angelo Grazios for pointing out the DLL problems.